Sunderland Forum - 6 years old and still going strong!
Quality Not Quantity!

Chris Maguire Signs On A Two Year Deal

This is our SAFC Forum of course. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Obviously, the Black Cats are the main focus. However, this is basically our football lounge.
thingamajig
City Councillor
City Councillor

26 Jun 2018, 01:54

Jack Ross has made his third signing in Chris Maguire from Bury.
Maguire is 29 years old and once he saw the set up here he jumped at the chance.
He is experienced at this level so lets give the lad a chance here.
Here is a wonder goal from the lad.

What was that you said again?

Zook
Voter
Voter

Re: Chris Maguire Signs On A Two Year Deal

26 Jun 2018, 09:45

2 goals in 24 appearances for Bury last season. Talk about being underwhelmed. He has a big ego also with a bigger head than Ronaldo. Striker, Bury.... Has this not happened before and ended in catastrophe?.... Of course the new club, new challenge, different approach could happen but the Bury fans tweeting are ecstatic he's left and are making the same noises as we were regarding steel.... Again.... Underwhelmed even for thus league.

Gibsy
Voter
Voter

26 Jun 2018, 10:28

I haven't heard of the lad. If what zook says is right then I dread to think about this. Bury fans are happy that he has left them and we took him :oops:
OK, OK I am in on this one, maybe he has potential that just hasn't been tapped. Its going to be one of those 'lets wait and see times'.

Stokoe
Active Citizen
Active Citizen

26 Jun 2018, 11:02

Looks like he can become a hero at the Stadium of Light if he can control his outbursts then. Sunderland are a massive club with all the infrastructure necessary. There will be people to help lads like this here surely. I would like to see more of this player in action before I make a judgement. I don't think we should go on the comments from the Bury fans. Obviously they haven't clicked. He is coming to a totally different sort of club. Jack Ross is no fool, he won't allow any nonsense and unlike other players who have had a game regardless (no names but you know of at least one I am talking about) there will be no guaranteed football for crap footballers. Watch this space ;)

The track suit manager

Nockya
Active Citizen
Active Citizen

26 Jun 2018, 13:29

Give him a chance lads n lasses haway :red-white:

Sandy Mackem
Active Citizen
Active Citizen

27 Jun 2018, 18:28