Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Into the wilderness

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Into the wilderness

Post by Zook »

Bah that short must of done a bigger job on us than we thought... There's more money in selling sand to the Arabs than what's in our club.. The new owners don't have a pot to piss in also, they're obviously going to take us no where... I don't blame them as you can only do what you can do but I find it increasingly difficult to understand why they took it on.... It needed a big cash injection even to get the foundations right first. I thought if a club like liecester City could attract a big owner we surely could. No one wants it, why?... Good support and potential doesn't seem enough. I can't see these owners taking us anywhere and a club like Sunderland are going to be stuck in the wilderness for years... Shame, but 100% true. We're struggling to get 500,000 together for a proven striker in league one... Unfortunately Ross has been told to look to buy in the out of date section for a bargain. Dreading next year as in my honest opinion the squad could do with another year in league one and shopping in nettos won't do to make any sort off impression in the championship.... Into the wilderness we are, I hope you have plenty provisions.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: Into the wilderness

Post by Nockya »

Ge it off your chest zook :lol:
I like reading your posts, you seem to say as you find but I think I would disagree with 90% of your post today.
I think that we have totally different circumstances and we are not in the big money league.
With that in mind, we are unlikely to be the club of the day.
Lets talk on this subject after the first 10 games in the Championship :cheers:

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Nockya wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 18:44 Ge it off your chest zook :lol:
I like reading your posts, you seem to say as you find but I think I would disagree with 90% of your post today.
I think that we have totally different circumstances and we are not in the big money league.
Thanks buddy, I just say it how I see it... It's not about gaining happy clappers it's only to bring to light my feelings and opinions on our matters... Cheers.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Zook wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 19:25
Nockya wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 18:44 Ge it off your chest zook :lol:
Thanks buddy, I just say it how I see it... It's not about gaining happy clappers it's only to bring to light my feelings and opinions on our matters... Cheers.
Quite, the game is all about opinions.
However, I have looked at the new owners and they are like a breath of fresh air compared to what we have had.
I think we should give them a chance, but I think they need to get us up at the end of this season.

Jenky
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Jenky »

I know I like a little whinge now and again on these boards but I think these people will take us up this season.

Bus Driver
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Bus Driver »

OK the big money from the Premier League has dried up but I think we are doing good on the shoestring budget. This will only prove good providing that we go up at the first attempt. Failing promotion first time then I fear for the club.

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

Chin up lads n lasses :red-white:

What was that you said again?
Sandy Mackem
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Post by Sandy Mackem »

thingamajig wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 14:50 Chin up lads n lasses :red-white:
:cheers:

MonsterSAFC73
Active Citizen
Active Citizen

Post by MonsterSAFC73 »

I am very pleased that the board are not splashing the cash. it is not financially safe to do so in League One and we know our finances are a work-in-progress. Spending beyond our means got us in this mess and doing the same won't fix it.

At the start of the season I thought we would finish in the playoffs and I was 50/50 on us going straight back up and we are on target. I am enjoying this season so much and our board seem to be taking a sensible approach to our progress.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

MonsterSAFC73 wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 15:52 Spending beyond our means got us in this mess and doing the same won't fix it.
But a lot of that was wasted. With wise investment, things might have been different.