Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Fatigue

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Fatigue

Post by Zook »

I fear is going to catch us up with all the games we have to play in a relatively short space of time. Listening to the game there are loads of mistakes getting made. Hopefully we can pop this one as Luton are down to 10 men and are beating Luton... Barnsley are also getting beat.

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: Fatigue

Post by thingamajig »

I think you could be right, they are knackered and the thought of all those games to come :shock:

What was that you said again?
Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Yes but luckily so far we are in the lead.
They need a day off tomorrow.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

We still have strength in depth - on paper ;)

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Nockya wrote: 06 Apr 2019, 17:26 We still have strength in depth - on paper ;)
I hope we have enough.... Dug in well today. Luton away to inform Charlton next week and Barnsley bottling it... A trophy might be on the horizon yet... Again its weather we can sustain the amount of games we have in a short space of time. ⌚Will tell.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Well, two or three games time and we'll have a better idea.
Should be a good crowd at the Stadium of Light on Tuesday but Burton are our bogey team.

Jenky
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Jenky »

Yes, the lads will be tired but after 50 games this season but I think their fitness levels are decent. Both the Accrington and Rochdale games have proved this. Our squad is strong and Jack Ross has options which mean he can rest one or two players and still carve out a result. Once we get the Portsmouth game out of the way we should know if we are going up automatically.

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

As I thought it proving to be the case.... Sloppy defending already. No games 2 weeks before the final, then cramming 9 games into 1 month simply will be the downfall. A relitive young squad will unfortunately not cope... Another season in league one might not be a bad thing.... Bare with me, another year together with one or two acquisitions could be the way forward. I know the club needs to be out of this league but with relitive little money to spend and the only hope of any quality in terms of transfers in will be ageing players who we all know will be more interested in a last pay day.... Sound familiar 🙄 it could save a small fortune if the players progressed to a point where little money would be needed to be spent on promotion. I know it's hypothetical I know but Donald and Co haven't got the money to take us any further forward than the championship... This is a fact, unfortunately. I firmly believe there in it to sell it at a profit, its all about timing.. We'll see.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Zook wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 01:05 I firmly believe there in it to sell it at a profit, its all about timing.. We'll see.
You wouldn't perform any business without wanting to make a profit.
As long as its not too excessive and we get out of this league I am sure not one Sunderland fan would complain if they made a few million along the way.
Just look at how much money Sunderland have squandered over recent years - hundreds of millions.
Besides I was listening to Mr Donald on the radio and he already said he will be looking for investors soon anyway so its no secret.

As for the lads, well we all know the comedy of errors in the Coventry game,
We can only hope that it was the kick up the backside that they needed.
If we make that game in hand count, I think we can still do it.

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Sunderland Nut wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 01:49
Zook wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 01:05 I firmly believe there in it to sell it at a profit, its all about timing.. We'll see.
You wouldn't perform any business without wanting to make a profit.
As long as its not too excessive and we get out of this league I am sure not one Sunderland fan would complain if they made a few million along the way.
Just look at how much money Sunderland have squandered over recent years - hundreds of millions.
Besides I was listening to Mr Donald on the radio and he already said he will be looking for investors soon anyway so its no secret.

As for the lads, well we all know the comedy of errors in the Coventry game,
We can only hope that it was the kick up the backside that they needed.
If we make that game in hand count, I think we can still do it.

My point is that's all they're in it for at the end of the day.... Despite all the pro Sunderland jive.