Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Explain this dodgy donald

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Explain this dodgy donald

Post by Zook »

When is it going to dawn on us that our owners are completely out of their depth. Where is the £50 Million that SD “suddenly found in his piggy bank” (his words) a year ago when the EFL insisted seeing his “proof of funds” (he made it clear prior to this that he was only worth £8.5 Million but miraculously produced £50 Million when pressed by the EFL).

He said he needed to pay ES over 2 years for his £40 Million shares so he could use this £50 Million to finance and run the club over that time. I can see no sign of this money. We had future parachute payments of I believe £45 Million when he bought the club. Where is that money??? This club was 100% debt free when SD took over the club. Nothing adds up.

SD headed an “International Consortium of investors” when he bought our club. Where did they disappear to. What BS that was. Again a year later he is hopeful of selling his shares to “USA & Middle East Investors”. Again nothing seems to be happening. It’s not his shares he’s trying to sell that is of interest, but what investment on top of that will SAFC get. He keeps all the money from the sale of his shares, so how will that benefit SAFC. We are certainly no better than we were a year ago. Looking at the 2 players we have signed and the quality of players being linked with us, we will at best become a fixture in this division for years to come. We are Sunderland and not a non league club. Why the hell did SD buy the club???? Answer that question. Certainly not for the love of it or the fans. What’s happening is tragic.

:pull_hair:

monty
Local MP
Local MP

Re: Explain this dodgy donald

Post by monty »

Looks like zook has given Stewart Donald the red card :red_card:

While I sympathise I think it's going to be quite a while before the fan gets hit by the proverbials.
It's going to be some time before all money is traced and there is nothing we can do about it yet.

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

monty wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 19:13 Looks like zook has given Stewart Donald the red card :red_card:
I never noticed :lolboard:

What was that you said again?
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

thingamajig wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 22:36
monty wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 19:13 Looks like zook has given Stewart Donald the red card :red_card:
I never noticed :lolboard:

LOL.... I just know he's bad news... I wish I didn't find out the things I did... We don't know the half I think.

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

Is there an estimate of how many millions is unaccountable or missing?

What was that you said again?