Sunderland Forum - Family Friendly Message Boards!

New left back immenent

This is the SAFC Forum. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Obviously, the Black Cats are the main focus. However, this is basically our football lounge.
User avatar
Jackal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 945
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 10:44
Location: Washington

Re: New left back immenent

Post by Jackal » 03 Sep 2019, 12:18

I would have thought that we are strong enough especially when you look at the substitutes bench on match days. Together with our experience from last season, we should just about scrape over the line. I just don't think we will win every game so knuckle in .... it might be a roller coaster ride!


..... and Sunderland, the underdogs, are in the lead!

User avatar
Zook
Local Councillor
Local Councillor
Posts: 399
Joined: 29 Nov 2017, 18:47
Location: Guidepost, Northumberland

Re: New left back immenent

Post by Zook » 03 Sep 2019, 15:57

Jackal wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 12:18
I would have thought that we are strong enough especially when you look at the substitutes bench on match days. Together with our experience from last season, we should just about scrape over the line. I just don't think we will win every game so knuckle in .... it might be a roller coaster ride!
Its a toss up between a few sides I think... No guarantees... Unless we add some pace in January I really think we'll end up in playoffs again... Slow as old nick we are, too predictable because of that.



User avatar
blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals
Posts: 683
Joined: 26 Jul 2013, 15:52
Location: Hendon

Re: New left back immenent

Post by blockheed » 04 Sep 2019, 11:48

Zook wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 15:57

Its a toss up between a few sides I think... No guarantees... Unless we add some pace in January I really think we'll end up in playoffs again... Slow as old nick we are, too predictable because of that.
Pace is not everything, a watertight defence is the most important part of any football team and that is still shaky.
I think we will still finish in the top two but I would say come the January window we will know for sure.



User avatar
thingamajig
Local Legend
Local Legend
Posts: 1836
Joined: 18 Jul 2013, 18:10
Location: Southwick

Re: New left back immenent

Post by thingamajig » 04 Sep 2019, 12:24

blockheed wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 11:48

Pace is not everything
True but it brings exciting football.


What was that you said again?

User avatar
Zook
Local Councillor
Local Councillor
Posts: 399
Joined: 29 Nov 2017, 18:47
Location: Guidepost, Northumberland

Re: New left back immenent

Post by Zook » 05 Sep 2019, 00:45

blockheed wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 11:48
Zook wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 15:57

Its a toss up between a few sides I think... No guarantees... Unless we add some pace in January I really think we'll end up in playoffs again... Slow as old nick we are, too predictable because of that.
Pace is not everything, a watertight defence is the most important part of any football team and that is still shaky.
I think we will still finish in the top two but I would say come the January window we will know for sure.
An attacking positive team takes pressure from any defence, best form of defense is attack. We're too methodical and predictable in midfield and quite frankly we are like a cart horse collectively.

The end.



User avatar
blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals
Posts: 683
Joined: 26 Jul 2013, 15:52
Location: Hendon

Re: New left back immenent

Post by blockheed » 05 Sep 2019, 05:35

Zook wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 00:45
An attacking positive team takes pressure from any defence, best form of defense is attack. We're too methodical and predictable in midfield and quite frankly we are like a cart horse collectively.

The end.
I agree with most of what you say but most teams insist on a solid defence and ours does tend to lose concentration.



User avatar
Zook
Local Councillor
Local Councillor
Posts: 399
Joined: 29 Nov 2017, 18:47
Location: Guidepost, Northumberland

Re: New left back immenent

Post by Zook » 06 Sep 2019, 16:21

blockheed wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 05:35
Zook wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 00:45
An attacking positive team takes pressure from any defence, best form of defense is attack. We're too methodical and predictable in midfield and quite frankly we are like a cart horse collectively.

The end.
I agree with most of what you say but most teams insist on a solid defence and ours does tend to lose concentration.
👍



Post Reply