A little maintenance is due soon, any disruption won't last long.

Another talent gone

This is the SAFC Forum. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Obviously, the Black Cats are the main focus. However, this is basically our football lounge.
Zook
Local MP
Local MP

Another talent gone

Post by Zook »

Logan pye the latest of Sunderland youth prospects is due to join Manchester utd today. The 16 year old will be at Old Trafford today to join the red devil's. This to me is a disgrace, eating no meat and could be vital in terms of saving money in the future. Denver Hume has proved this and along with Henderson and pickford recently, could potentially make us alot of money. Donald has no clue how to run a football club, this is around 7 young players that have been let go for nothing, eating no meat, it's crazy. Is our academy there to produce for us or the first premier club to come knocking. Scandalous.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1016784980?-11204:795

Sunderland Nut
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Another talent gone

Post by Sunderland Nut »

"The teenager is not expected to cost anymore than £1m which is considerably less than the £30m United are understood to have offered Birmingham for Jude Bellingham, who himself is also 16."

He's been classed as a wonderkid.

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

When you're down you're down.

What was that you said again?

Steve30000
Local MP
Local MP
Top poster of the Month

Post by Steve30000 »

We've got the same category one status academy, only difference is the crap league we're in, so teams take advantage of it.

Zook
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Zook »

No, that's not how it works Steve... 🙄

Steve30000
Local MP
Local MP
Top poster of the Month

Post by Steve30000 »

Zook wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 10:49
So teams are not taking our better young players because of the league we're in?

If we were in the prem, we'd have a better chance of keeping them.. Better league, better finances...

Just look at Henderson and Pickford, we were able to hang onto them for longer and they broke into the first team, playing Premier league football with us until we sold them.

The league does matter tbf

Zook
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Zook »

Steve30000 wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 15:05
Zook wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 10:49
So teams are not taking our better young players because of the league we're in?

If we were in the prem, we'd have a better chance of keeping them.. Better league, better finances...

Just look at Henderson and Pickford, we were able to hang onto them for longer and they broke into the first team, playing Premier league football with us until we sold them.

The league does matter tbf
No it doesn't. Read up on it before you comment. There are all sorts of sanctions in place. Even when I played there was.

Jools

Post by Jools »

The plain fact is that when Liverpool, Arsenal or the Manchester clubs unsettle the kids we will have to let them go. The kids would have to have extreme loyalty to stay with their home town club. Imagine having the best young talent in the country playing in the league we find ourselves in. I have no issue with this but I do when they offer such small amounts of money and because we are on our knees we accept it.

I Love Sunderland
I Love SAFC
I Love Wearside

Steve30000
Local MP
Local MP
Top poster of the Month

Post by Steve30000 »

You can't get such young players to sign a contract, so how do you propose we try to keep a player who has either been persuaded to leave by an agent, his parents, or simply by being tempted by the possibility of playing in the first team of a top team?

Zook
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Zook »

Steve30000 wrote:
24 Jan 2020, 15:16
You can't get such young players to sign a contract, so how do you propose we try to keep a player who has either been persuaded to leave by an agent, his parents, or simply by being tempted by the possibility of playing in the first team of a top team?

Aye, ok... I'm wrong, you're right. I can't believe I got into this with god.