Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Predators In The Pubs Down The Town

The Sunderland Forum is all about local issues. The City of Sunderland includes Washington, Houghton and Hetton. However, we allow news, views and gossip from all areas surrounding Wearside.
Alison
Active Citizen
Active Citizen

Predators In The Pubs Down The Town

Post by Alison »

When will something be done about the predators in the pubs down the town?
After my friend was touched up by TWO men in Sunderland city centre, I posted this on facebook and many other say they have been a victim as well and it has gone on for years.
In fact, there were MANY others!
What I am getting is a similar story - men who never seem to have a drink dotted around the pubs waiting for their prey - a tipsy girl that they can attack.
These men are usually of a foreign appearance in most cases and that was the same with us.
One lass says she witnessed one group of these men leading away a rather drunk girl one night, so God knows what they done with her.
Apparently you can see these predators most nights in ttonic with a few saying it happens in Arizona as well.
Luckily I can handle myself and they don't frighten me - or my friends - and we told them off!

So, if this has been going on for years - just what are these places doing about it?
They are not buying drinks and are just waiting for victims ..... that doesn't sound right to me.
If this is happening on 'most nights' then it will be known and so by allowing it to happen they should be ashamed of themselves.
We tried to get my friend to report them and she wouldn't and never will which makes me wonder how many more are getting away with it?
Just wondering if anyone here has a similar experience?

Crawford
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Predators In The Pubs Down The Town

Post by Crawford »

Depending on how your friends were approached be those people, you should make a report to the owners and possibly the police.

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

Don't forget there are cameras all over and if these people invade your space in a threatening way you can use the power of those CCTV cameras to strengthen your (or your friends) case. I would definitely report any incident like this. The thing is if you don't then others may suffer in future, think about it that way, you may help others!

What was that you said again?
Trish
Mayor
Mayor

Post by Trish »

Alison wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 14:03 What I am getting is a similar story - men who never seem to have a drink dotted around the pubs waiting for their prey - a tipsy girl that they can attack.
That is shocking that like.