A little maintenance is due soon, any disruption won't last long.

Does this result mean that the NHS is for sale?

The Sunderland Forum is all about local issues. The City of Sunderland obviously includes, Washington, Houghton and Hetton. However, we allow news, views and gossip from all areas surrounding Wearside.
Steve30000
Local MP
Local MP
Top poster of the Month

Does this result mean that the NHS is for sale?

Post by Steve30000 »

My concern is that things could get worse with Boris now in power.

When it comes to a trade deal, you just know that trump will be pushing for a deal to supply drugs to the NHS, which could end up with us paying more for our drugs.

Our tax and ni contributions could potentially rise to offset the rise in expenditure, and the only ones who would profit from this scenario would be the American companies.

Hopefully Boris tells trump that the NHS is not for sale, but I fear the worst.

Bus Driver
Local MP
Local MP

Re: Does this result mean that the NHS is for sale?

Post by Bus Driver »

The NHS is not for sale, never has been and never will be.
We might get prescription drugs from America but so what, if they are cheaper so be it but we can now trade to get things cheaper not more expensive.
The country voted for the Conservatives because those people were not taken in by the scaremongers.
The pound has surged and the stock market is up so forget about those scare stories, there will be no Armageddon and we will get our prescription drugs cheaper and we will now prosper.
I feel good today that the Corbyn threat has gone for good and all them whingers whiners and moaners can crawl back under the rocks from where they came.
No, the NHS is NOT for sale - that was one of those scare stories. It was just one whole lot of balls.

Trish
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Trish »

It means the country can move on now.

My kids are like little Black Cats
:mrgreen:

Nockya
Mayor
Mayor

Post by Nockya »

Trish wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 15:47
Yes we can and thank God for that.

Steve30000
Local MP
Local MP
Top poster of the Month

Post by Steve30000 »

Trish wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 15:47
Hopefully for the better. Its going to take at least a year to sort out anyway

Bus Driver
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Bus Driver »

We leave on the 31st of January and have to make some sort of trade deal by December next year. If no suitable deal comes our way we get no deal.

wongeye
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by wongeye »

I think it's good that the country could see through all the scaremongering.
I thought all that crap about no food in the shops and no medicines might scare a few off - it probably did with some but overall it didn't affect too many.
After all, the Tories won by a country mile and it was all because we wanted Brexit.

Some idiots who can't think for themselves and who are guided by idiots would have been put off voting against Labour and Lib-Dems but it gave me a good feeling to see that all that stupidity had very little effect.

Well done to all those who didn't get put off by the idiots who played all sorts of tricks to stop Brexit and that includes our own MP's who voted against us!
I knew what I was voting for and it wasn't going to be for overpaid idiots in a comfortable job that are against us - how foolish would that have been?

You didn't know what you were voting for :ha_ha_ha:

Dumbo
Town Crier
Town Crier

Post by Dumbo »

Any government that gives up the NHS won't survive 5 minutes - FACT! We already have privatisation in many areas of the NHS anyway and possibly always did have. Even if we got medication from America it wouldn't matter as long as the cost was competitive. Brexit means we can go out there and get the best for less in the worlds markets and not be dictated to by the EU. It never meant we would sell out to anyone.