Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Sunderland Council Neglect

The Sunderland Forum is all about local issues. The City of Sunderland includes Washington, Houghton and Hetton. However, we allow news, views and gossip from all areas surrounding Wearside.
Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Sunderland Council Neglect

Post by Sunderland Nut »

This topic is all about neglect by Sunderland Council.
If they fail in their duties or responsibilities on any subject then we want to know.
The coronavirus pandemic is not an excuse because they still have a duty of care to the residents of our great city.
Indeed they continue to take our council tax for services that they need to provide and with COVID-19 still around, they should be more vigilant.

I will start with a video I made on the vermin situation around the Wheatsheaf area.
I regularly have to call to some residents who live in flats on Roker Avenue and I constantly run the gauntlet every time because of rats.
Sunderland Council knows about this problem and because the bins are not emptied when they should be, they are ultimately to blame.

They do know about the problems here because I speak to the residents and they tell me that they are sick of complaining.
Some are complaining that the bin wagons refuse to empty the bins for various reasons like putting in the "wrong kind of rubbish" or the bins overflowing.
The residents are saying that other people are using their bins as they pass so it's not always their fault.

Also, if you sit in your car in or around McDonalds car park or anywhere close, you will see the rats come out for food.
I believe that if you cut off their food supply you will greatly reduce the problem.
However, there is a lot of food waste lying around that area including the bins, of course!

Even if they try to shrug their responsibilities and say they don't know about the problem then I have a record here online - here's another thread from April this year.
Anyone would know that by not keeping the streets clean and leaving food waste lying around, an rat infestation would occur (try this in your own garden if you like but don't blame me when the vermin come!)

So, if you know of rats taking over in an area close to you in the City of Sunderland, tell us here.
However, the topic is about Sunderland Council neglect.
So, if the council are neglecting their responsibilities on any service they should be providing, let us know.

Crawford
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Sunderland Council Neglect

Post by Crawford »

I see what you mean now and one rat in that video looks so well fed that it seems to have difficulty running with a full belly :o

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Crawford wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 17:42 I see what you mean now and one rat in that video looks so well fed that it seems to have difficulty running with a full belly :o
The big ones are easy to see but the young ones are not.
In the second part of my video you can see a big rat but look closely and there's at least two young ones running up the street.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Horrible viewing.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Nockya wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 18:02Horrible viewing.
Man up man will ya :lol:

Actually I am highlighting this because I hate rats ;)

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

They haven't got the resources or funding.

Simple as that.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Steve30000 wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 19:04 They haven't got the resources or funding.

Simple as that.
Is that their excuse, maybe, but it's a lame one.
Turning the place into that what resemble the third world isn't good, especially in a retail park.

Rubbish thrown in the countryside or fly-tipping at Burdon Village like I posted in this thread is cleaned up in a short while.
I dare say that any well-to-do estate will be cleaned up by the council quickly as well.

The problem with this area seems to be that bins are not emptied and bags are left lying all over.
Bin lorries are just bypassing them for "jobsworth" reasons?
Whatever the excuse is it will not be good enough because this is all about rats and they have a duty to clear the rat problem up.

This problem has gone on for an age and they just want to turn a blind eye.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Sunderland Nut wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 21:14
Steve30000 wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 19:04 They haven't got the resources or funding.

Simple as that.
Is that their excuse, maybe, but it's a lame one.
Turning the place into that what resemble the third world isn't good, especially in a retail park.

Rubbish thrown in the countryside or fly-tipping at Burdon Village like I posted in this thread is cleaned up in a short while.
I dare say that any well-to-do estate will be cleaned up by the council quickly as well.

The problem with this area seems to be that bins are not emptied and bags are left lying all over.
Bin lorries are just bypassing them for "jobsworth" reasons?
Whatever the excuse is it will not be good enough because this is all about rats and they have a duty to clear the rat problem up.

This problem has gone on for an age and they just want to turn a blind eye.
People who dump rubbish are idiots, but what can the council do about those that treat the area like a bin?

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Steve30000 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 11:53
People who dump rubbish are idiots, but what can the council do about those that treat the area like a bin?
Get the street cleaners out.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Sunderland Nut wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 16:49
Steve30000 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 11:53
Get the street cleaners out.
Are you going to pay the extra wages?