Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Covid marshals

The Sunderland Forum deals with all local issues in the chat rooms above. However, this is the General Off Topic Forum. So, this area is for all non-local-issues, for example, national news or any other interests etc.
Sandy Mackem
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Re: Covid marshals

Post by Sandy Mackem »

Sunderland Nut wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 20:14
The only problem I have with people in uniforms is that they think it gives them authority and it doesn't.
I thought uniformed people could grab hold of you and give you a good hiding before they call the police :headscratch:
► Show Spoiler

blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by blockheed »

Sandy Mackem wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 20:43
I thought uniformed people could grab hold of you and give you a good hiding before they call the police :headscratch:
They can and do and they can also set their Alsatian dog on to you and then find you guilty and take your money off you in fines.

Sandy Mackem
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Post by Sandy Mackem »

blockheed wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 21:14
They can and do and they can also set their Alsatian dog on to you and then find you guilty and take your money off you in fines.
I better stop indoors then because if those nasty people don't get me then Covid-19 might :neenar:

cam
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by cam »

Just by the very definition I can't see a Covid Marshal coming too close to anyone :lol:

I might have the day off today!
Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

cam wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 04:02 Just by the very definition I can't see a Covid Marshal coming too close to anyone :lol:
Unless they can detain someone from 2 meters away

Mandye2020
Voter
Voter

Post by Mandye2020 »

its well out of the normal for us also we are trying are best and doing whats intructed of us in a polite and kind way
Steve30000 wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 20:04
Mandye2020 wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 19:45
we arnt super grasses have u seen anyone be pulled and fined around where we are working
No offence, but I'll be glad when we can get back to normal, not abnormal.

Having a life where you can go where you like with as many people as you want, for as long as you like, not having to put a muzzle on in every shop you go into... Being stopped by a made up job title person in a supposedly free country, being told what to do.. The better.

It'll either be a case of having to live with this virus or people will just get fed up of all the rules and do what they want anyway.

If we get a vaccine, great.. But if we don't, I'm sure like a lot of people we'll just want to have a free life with free will in a free country

Mandye2020
Voter
Voter

Post by Mandye2020 »

hands on anyone is last reosort unless rhere is threat to people being hurts like when we are on the doors but during rgis hard time hands on doesnt cross my mind we just hope that ppl comply which we are seeing a huge rise in people doing that and we thank you
Sunderland Nut wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 20:14
The only problem I have with people in uniforms is that they think it gives them authority and it doesn't.
► Show Spoiler

Mandye2020
Voter
Voter

Post by Mandye2020 »

we dont have a dog nor do we hand out fines i welcome anyone that is in the town centre to take 5 mins to come and speak to us we are nice ppl doing a job roll like anyone else my second day there while doing my job i had a lass talk to me for about 20 mins she thanked me for taking the time to talk to her and i often see her she is an alcoholic and takes drugs doesnt change how i speak to anyone i welcomed her thanking me for listening to her and when i see her passing each day she is chuffed i wave say hi and i remember her name each time we arnt bad ppl at all i have a lot of time for anyone even college kids are great with wearing face masks but yesterday in the interchange we got alot of abuse from older people ive never felt so sad on my way home to go cuddle my son we are only there to help not to bully anyone and if anyone is needing someone to chat to we are there thank u
blockheed wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 21:14

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Mandye2020 wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 07:50 hands on anyone is last reosort unless rhere is threat to people being hurts like when we are on the doors but during rgis hard time hands on doesnt cross my mind we just hope that ppl comply which we are seeing a huge rise in people doing that and we thank you
I would be very careful even just thinking about touching anyone at all who might be going against some rules or even breaking the law.
You never even see the police touch people unless they need to arrest them for a court appearance or are so much of a threat to life or limb (and property).
You will have done your training like most others in this field but some can misinterpret what they can and can't do when it comes to touching others.
I guarantee you could be in big trouble for touching another person without good reason (AND THAT IS THE THING OPEN TO ABUSE).

Mandye2020
Voter
Voter

Post by Mandye2020 »

ive worked as a security guard for 5 years with my badge and not once have a touched anyone unless it has been to aide someone drunk or took bad and collapsed
Sunderland Nut wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 10:37
Mandye2020 wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 07:50 hands on anyone is last reosort unless rhere is threat to people being hurts like when we are on the doors but during rgis hard time hands on doesnt cross my mind we just hope that ppl comply which we are seeing a huge rise in people doing that and we thank you
I would be very careful even just thinking about touching anyone at all who might be going against some rules or even breaking the law.
You never even see the police touch people unless they need to arrest them for a court appearance or are so much of a threat to life or limb (and property).
You will have done your training like most others in this field but some can misinterpret what they can and can't do when it comes to touching others.
I guarantee you could be in big trouble for touching another person without good reason (AND THAT IS THE THING OPEN TO ABUSE).