Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

We could live with virus 'like we do flu' by end of year, says Hancock

The Sunderland Forum deals with all local issues in the chat rooms above. However, this is the General Off Topic Forum. So, this area is for all non-local-issues, for example, national news or any other interests etc.
Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

We could live with virus 'like we do flu' by end of year, says Hancock

Post by Steve30000 »

"Covid: We could live with virus 'like we do flu' by end of year, says Hancock - BBC News" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56050119

Then at the bottom of the article, a scientist says that we can't do that. Dr doomster mcdoom by the sounds of that, probably related to Dr Doom

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: We could live with virus 'like we do flu' by end of year, says Hancock

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Flu and Covid are from the same family so we will need to learn to live with the latter.
I will repeat, just for those new to the Sunderland Forum, the average age of death from a victim of COVID-19 is higher than the normal average age of death.
Historians will look back at this period of time which has ruined the economy and stopped people from meeting physically for around a year as the biggest over-reaction ever.

This was for another illness to add to the group of illnesses that basically kills old and vulnerable people - something that was becoming abundantly clear when it arrived in the UK.
Yes, we had to act in order to save the NHS, but not this way and certainly not like this one year on!
The answer that I gave about a year ago remains the same from me - protect the old and vulnerable by shielding them and let everyone else get on with life.

Have we learned for the next time a pandemic strikes?
Well, not really, because we are not shielding those vulnerable people now, so the deaths continue.
Is it surprising then that there are all sorts of conspiracy theories have come forward?

Think about it, if they shield the old and vulnerable all the time then they will live a lot longer than normal as they wouldn't get the other illnesses that kill them!
I rest my case.

Crawford
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: We could live with virus 'like we do flu' by end of year, says Hancock

Post by Crawford »

I give in :o