Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

DWP - Being Blamed For Suicide - Fit To Work Assessment

The Sunderland Forum deals with all local issues in the chat rooms above. However, this is the General Off Topic Forum. So, this area is for all non-local-issues, for example, national news or any other interests etc.
thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: DWP - Being Blamed For Suicide - Fit To Work Assessment

Post by thingamajig »

Bystander wrote:There are some horror stories and I would agree that one suicide is one too many but lets face it there are some people who should not be on certain benefits. I wouldn't be able to offer a solution but I would agree that the DWP doctors should be mothballed in the short term and retrained properly.
The DWP should immediately scrap their policy of throwing people off the sick. That should be down to the family GP.

What was that you said again?
Sandy Mackem
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Post by Sandy Mackem »

Time to sack the government because this is a governmental thing.
They are assisting suicides as far as I am concerned.

Stokoe
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Post by Stokoe »

Sandy Mackem wrote: They are assisting suicides as far as I am concerned.
Very nicely put :lol:

The track suit manager
Jackal
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Jackal »

Austerity cuts = suicide?
The thing is I bet there are many other people killing themselves because of other cutbacks by this government.
What we see from the DWP here is one aspect of all the cuts that are going on so we are only getting the suicide rates from that government departments actions.
What about the other figures?
Just like the CSA etc.
Anyone have any other areas of governmental cock-ups that are leading to suicide in the UK?

..... and Sunderland, the underdogs, are in the lead!
Jenky
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Jenky »

Good observation there, Sandy Mackem, the government really are assisting suicide. No need to send these people to Switzerland then.

blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by blockheed »

I repeat my message to anyone who gets kicked off the sick or ESA or whatever benefit you are on. You must appeal against any decision these bullies make. Initially they will try their hardest to get you onto the lowest form of benefit available regardless of your circumstances. Appeal and get independent people to look at your claim. Just keep appealing because they have absolutely no right to kick you off without good reason and most of all without listening to your case.

I think the doctors they are using must be on some form of commission to kick people off the benefits that they are entitled too.

In Sunderland I know of at least three people who are affected and the decisions made have been shocking. Two have since appealed and won back their original entitlement and it was backdated and the other is on-going.

red ken
Local Councillor
Local Councillor

Post by red ken »

Have a look at this article where the Taxpayers' Alliance have recommended cutting the old age pension as they believe the pensioners may be dead before the next election or simply forgot about the cuts :o

http://money.aol.co.uk/2015/10/05/think ... d%3D389788

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

I have no doubt that there will be genuine people that will suffer hardship but there are some who obviously don't need to be on certain benefits. How they are going about it now may be wrong in our eyes because of the suicide rates but how else can the DWP sort the mess out? Its very difficult and I wouldn't know where to start. If anyone has a solution to the problem than please feel free to write to the government. Just tell them you have a way to stop their assisted suicides :lol:

I am laughing but I understand its a serious matter and yes, I too know someone who was affected by the doctors who work for the DWP.

The fact that in the op's original post where the DWP are partially blamed for the suicide is really alarming. I doubt very much that those in charge will listen.

Frog
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by Frog »

I know someone in Sunderland who is housebound and got kicked off the sick. They want him to work because he can pick up a pen or answer a phone presumably.

Baffle Ball
Active Citizen
Active Citizen

Post by Baffle Ball »

Why don't we cut the salaries of these super rich politicians. See if they can live on £70.00 per week. Cutting benefits from the old, poor, needy, helpless, sick and children seems to be the way for these Tories. I would like to see David Cameron and company survive on what they deem suitable benefits. They are riddled with fiddlers themselves.