Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

New Quiz Night in Sunderland City Centre

The Sunderland Forum is all about local issues. The City of Sunderland includes Washington, Houghton and Hetton. However, we allow news, views and gossip from all areas surrounding Wearside.
DanielFullard
Voter
Voter

New Quiz Night in Sunderland City Centre

Post by DanielFullard »

Hi all

For the past few weeks I have been running a Quiz Night at The Albert in Sunderland City Centre. It has been going well, and the Jackpot is still yet to be won (stands at £125 this week).

The Albert is opposite the Post Office on Fawcett Street (used to the Vestry) and is one of the newest and friendliest bars in town. The Quiz starts at around 7.30pm every Sunday Night and finishes around 10pm. As well as the roll over jackpot, there is cash prizes for the main quiz and spot prizes of Free Beer!

The quiz is aimed to be fun for all with a mixture of rounds!

See you there!

If you wish to reserve a table email me at Daniel@thequizaddict.com otherwise turn up on the night

Cheesy Chips
Active Citizen
Active Citizen

Re: New Quiz Night in Sunderland City Centre

Post by Cheesy Chips »

Do you do karaoke?

Jenky
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Jenky »

I love a good quiz. Trouble is though with pub quizzes, I have never won yet on my own or as a team :?

DanielFullard
Voter
Voter

Post by DanielFullard »

No sadly not :(

As for the winning.....There are tons of prizes we give away. At the end of every round we ask questions that give free pints to the closest teams. Most teams so away with a prize.

I have a handle on the cheating too and its a really friendly crowd!

Cheesy Chips
Active Citizen
Active Citizen

Post by Cheesy Chips »

DanielFullard wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 15:42 No sadly not :(

As for the winning.....There are tons of prizes we give away. At the end of every round we ask questions that give free pints to the closest teams. Most teams so away with a prize.

Sounds good to me when I pop in I will come over and say hello :thumbup:

Moony
Active Citizen
Active Citizen

Post by Moony »

I hope this pub succeeds because the town has had a bad time recently with all the closures. I do online quizzes from time to time so hopefully I will call in here on the odd occasion.

DanielFullard
Voter
Voter

Post by DanielFullard »

Cheesy Chips wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 05:53
DanielFullard wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 15:42 No sadly not :(

Sounds good to me when I pop in I will come over and say hello :thumbup:
That's great! This week is £125 in the Jackpot which anyone can play. Quiz starts at 7.30pm with a picture round so ideally if you are playing let me know and I can reserve a table for you.

DanielFullard
Voter
Voter

Post by DanielFullard »

Moony wrote: 08 Jun 2018, 08:37 I hope this pub succeeds because the town has had a bad time recently with all the closures. I do online quizzes from time to time so hopefully I will call in here on the odd occasion.
My thoughts exactly. The guy running it has done such a good job and its one of the friendliest and most appealing bars in the town at the moment. One of the big reasons I am promoting it as much as I can, is I too want the bar itself to succeed and hopefully the Quiz Night will help.

If you plan to come let me know and I can reserve a table for you. Its best to get here about 7.15pm is, I give picture round out at 730pm and then the questions begin at 8. Usually all done by 10pm!

Be great to see you there

Trish
Mayor
Mayor

Post by Trish »

Daniel, is this quiz only on a Sunday night?

DanielFullard
Voter
Voter

Post by DanielFullard »

Yes it is :)...but we finish by 10 to make sure everyone can get home at a reasonable time