Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Mark campbell

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Mark campbell

Post by Zook »

Is leading the race to be the new owner of our club, with 74% ownership of the club. The new yorker with backing from as far as the far east, is set to take over sometime around the end of June... Due dillegence has been done, it's only money now in terms of how much it'll cost them..

I'm not surprised... The current regime haven't got a pot to piss in. But the old saying goes, better the devil you know.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: Mark campbell

Post by Nockya »

I am a bit cautious about change but we better get used to it.
If this is going to happen then hopefully we will benefit.
I am a bit concerned that we are limited with the spending so how could an investor, invest?
Possibly too cautious but I don't know what money can do if we can't spend it.
Maybe I am missing something :?

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

This Donald and Co need to go if we are ever to progress.. They spent our parachute payment on paying their shortfall to Ellis short..if they didn't have the money to buy it between the three of them how the hell are we ever going to progress. What has santori put into this pot, probably the rest of the money owed to short... That money could of guaranteed promotion instead of paying their debts off... I hope to god the more I think of it this deal comes off, it can't be any worse.... Did I just say that.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

I heard all that on the radio about the parachute payments going to Ellis Short, but I also heard Stewart Donald say that investment is needed so its not as if we don't know what's happening.
My only hope is that these people have the club at heart and are not in it for money - well too much!!!

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

The bosses say that investment will be needed so they must have some plans about spending.
I haven't heard of this bloke though.

What was that you said again?
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

How can Donald use the money that is designed to help the club be spent on his/their monies they owed in the deal with short... Anyone could of done that... In my eyes the fa should look into that... Dodgy characters these in charge, there's something not right about Donald and Co... They haven't got a pot to piss in and are taking the clubs money to survive and paying their bills with it.... Not on in my eyes.

Sandy Mackem
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Post by Sandy Mackem »

I think this is two threads in one lol.
On the Donald Stewart score I heard him a few times explain things like when he took over.
It's pretty clear really.

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Sandy Mackem wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 10:52 I think this is two threads in one lol.
On the Donald Stewart score I heard him a few times explain things like when he took over.
It's pretty clear really.

Saying what we want to hear. No mention of using parachute payments to help them buy the club... Scandalous... That money could of got us promoted... And I laughed when he said "hefty" budget... Wey if that doesn't prove my point nothing will.

Rat Scabies
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Rat Scabies »

Mind you they have been as open as they can be but for those like me who don't know anything about the business side of things they have done well :?

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

I read the Dave Taggart email and as you know from my previous emails, I agree with him. I am really concerned that the passion of our supporters is being exploited. In 1978 I was on George Taylor’s Sports-Time, Tyne Tees Show. I was honoured to be called the supporter of the year (I lived in Kent and went to every single match for two seasons). I am still around and my passion for our club is as strong as ever. I have seen it all over my 74 years and it is as plain as day, that we are just a vehicle for our owners to make a killing. No more than that.

Of course they have engaged with the fans and portrayed themselves, falsely, as devoted fans. That’s the least they had to do, to pull this off and get their millions.

I will ask the question again - will SD put back our parachute payments he used to buy his shares or is it going to be lost in a maze of bank accounts as was the payments made to ES?

You are clearly very passionate about our club, so surely you must be concerned that we just might be shafted and left with nothing.

P.S - It’s quite sad that you just don’t get what is going on and all you say is what you are told by SD. Our parachute payments £26 Million+ were used, against the rules, to pay for SD shares. Is there a reason that you will not ask the question - will SD put back all this money as soon as he gets paid for his shares? As long as all this is paid back, who cares how much profit he makes.

As you say it’s business but using our parachute payments for his benefit is bordering on criminal.