Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Where are our goals coming from this season?

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Where are our goals coming from this season?

Post by Nockya »

For the first time in a long time I must admit a bit negativity is creeping into my head.
I really have no idea where our goals are going to come from this season.
With very little movement on the transfer market I can only see us struggle with our front boys so we are going to have to rely on a solid defence.
I gambled on us getting a striker in and that might not happen.

Rat Scabies
Local MP
Local MP

Re: Where are our goals coming from this season?

Post by Rat Scabies »

A strong defence is one thing but without goals we are going nowhere.

Even Johnny Rotten understands our plight :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1579

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Rat Scabies wrote: 21 Jul 2019, 13:24 A strong defence is one thing but without goals we are going nowhere.

The change in tactics with the pressing high up the field will help. A couple of goals will take the pressure off.... 🤞

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Zook wrote: 21 Jul 2019, 20:56
Rat Scabies wrote: 21 Jul 2019, 13:24 A strong defence is one thing but without goals we are going nowhere.

The change in tactics with the pressing high up the field will help. A couple of goals will take the pressure off.... 🤞
Seriously zook. Tell me this, do you really think Grigg and Wyke are going to score the goals needed to get out this league.

I say sell one bring in another not bothered which one even cos they are both the same.

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Nockya wrote: 21 Jul 2019, 23:11
Zook wrote: 21 Jul 2019, 20:56

Seriously zook. Tell me this, do you really think Grigg and Wyke are going to score the goals needed to get out this league.

I say sell one bring in another not bothered which one even cos they are both the same.
Both carried injuries for alot of last season.. Its a pivotal year this year for both... There both on wages the club are comfortable with so I say give them a chance.. I've seen forwards banging the goals in pre season then nothing during the actual campaign, let's hope its the case of the other way around. ... Give them a chance buddy.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Zook wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 15:36
Nockya wrote: 21 Jul 2019, 23:11

Both carried injuries for alot of last season.. Its a pivotal year this year for both... There both on wages the club are comfortable with so I say give them a chance.. I've seen forwards banging the goals in pre season then nothing during the actual campaign, let's hope its the case of the other way around. ... Give them a chance buddy.
It might be just me being grumpy but I thought there would be some movement especially with the strikers.
One in and one out would satisfy me.
Anyways this is unlike me speaking down so it looks like I am going to have to grin and bear it.
They will get their chance but I will judge them around 10 games into the season and I will be ruthless :argument:

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Nockya wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 16:15
Zook wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 15:36

It might be just me being grumpy but I thought there would be some movement especially with the strikers.
One in and one out would satisfy me.
Anyways this is unlike me speaking down so it looks like I am going to have to grin and bear it.
They will get their chance but I will judge them around 10 games into the season and I will be ruthless :argument:

I must be rubbing off on you... Ya moany get... 🤣 🤣 🤣 😳

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Zook wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 16:46 I must be rubbing off on you... Ya moany get... 🤣 🤣 🤣 😳
With me it's only the one issue and that is the strikers. The rest of the team is sound for this league. If we can't find the net at this level, we are screwed.

Right that's it, no more moaning from me cos I am normally positive, I think it's this hay fever what's doing it.

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Nockya wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 17:19
Zook wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 16:46 I must be rubbing off on you... Ya moany get... 🤣 🤣 🤣 😳
With me it's only the one issue and that is the strikers. The rest of the team is sound for this league. If we can't find the net at this level, we are screwed.

Right that's it, no more moaning from me cos I am normally positive, I think it's this hay fever what's doing it.

Aye, be more like me... They call me "Mr positive" 😁

wongeye
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by wongeye »

Zook wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 00:18 Aye, be more like me... They call me "Mr positive" 😁
Are you on Valium these days :lol: