Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Why make too many changes?

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Stokoe
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Why make too many changes?

Post by Stokoe »

If we had a team which came very close to winning a trophy and promotion why do we need to make too many changes? Yes we can get the wage bill down a little but I believe that with a small tweak here and there we can storm this league.
Midfield is okish, Goalkeeping is adequate, defence needs to become watertight while up front we need to score more than one goal a game which is all we done last season.
I am certain that Jack Ross will come to the same conclusion and will be working on it.
So I hope the team I see start against Oxford is a tweaked up version of last seasons "typical team".

The track suit manager
Sandy Mackem
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Re: Why make too many changes?

Post by Sandy Mackem »

You will only see the odd change and it will not be drastic. Business as you were almost.

cam
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by cam »

Sandy Mackem wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 15:12 You will only see the odd change and it will not be drastic. Business as you were almost.
^ this. I really can't see too many changes apart from the obvious ones. Jack Ross will probably stay with the current strikers unless they are sold on. A little change at the back too.

I might have the day off today!
Stokoe
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Post by Stokoe »

Sandy Mackem wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 15:12 You will only see the odd change and it will not be drastic. Business as you were almost.
I suspect you are right. The new lads will get one chance to push for a regular place so I hope they take the bull by the horns. I am sure they understand that if they want to play in a higher league they will have no better chance to do this than at Sunderland.

The track suit manager
cam
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by cam »

With the likes of Cattermole leaving there will be changes obviously but Jack Ross will not risk things too much early on.

I might have the day off today!
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

The way the friendlies went it looks as though he is trying to change the whole dynamics of it all..formation, the lot. I think the players he's brought in are here to start... I think one or two are still to move on... We'll see.

blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by blockheed »

Zook wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 14:05 it looks as though he is trying to change the whole dynamics of it all..formation, the lot.
In know you can only work with what you have but he should have tried a few things last season. Jack Ross did have a few options but continued with the 1-1 mentality :pull_hair:

Stokoe
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Post by Stokoe »

blockheed wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 17:00 Jack Ross did have a few options but continued with the 1-1 mentality
That was the players iirc ;)

The track suit manager
thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

I would think that after the last few friendly games Jack Ross has a decent idea of a good starting eleven.

What was that you said again?
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

thingamajig wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 17:16 I would think that after the last few friendly games Jack Ross has a decent idea of a good starting eleven.
You would like to think so... Do you think he does?