Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

New left back immenent

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Jackal
Local MP
Local MP

Re: New left back immenent

Post by Jackal »

I would have thought that we are strong enough especially when you look at the substitutes bench on match days. Together with our experience from last season, we should just about scrape over the line. I just don't think we will win every game so knuckle in .... it might be a roller coaster ride!

..... and Sunderland, the underdogs, are in the lead!
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Jackal wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 12:18 I would have thought that we are strong enough especially when you look at the substitutes bench on match days. Together with our experience from last season, we should just about scrape over the line. I just don't think we will win every game so knuckle in .... it might be a roller coaster ride!
Its a toss up between a few sides I think... No guarantees... Unless we add some pace in January I really think we'll end up in playoffs again... Slow as old nick we are, too predictable because of that.

blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by blockheed »

Zook wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 15:57
Its a toss up between a few sides I think... No guarantees... Unless we add some pace in January I really think we'll end up in playoffs again... Slow as old nick we are, too predictable because of that.
Pace is not everything, a watertight defence is the most important part of any football team and that is still shaky.
I think we will still finish in the top two but I would say come the January window we will know for sure.

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

blockheed wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 11:48
Pace is not everything
True but it brings exciting football.

What was that you said again?
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

blockheed wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 11:48
Zook wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 15:57
Pace is not everything, a watertight defence is the most important part of any football team and that is still shaky.
I think we will still finish in the top two but I would say come the January window we will know for sure.
An attacking positive team takes pressure from any defence, best form of defense is attack. We're too methodical and predictable in midfield and quite frankly we are like a cart horse collectively.

The end.

blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by blockheed »

Zook wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 00:45 An attacking positive team takes pressure from any defence, best form of defense is attack. We're too methodical and predictable in midfield and quite frankly we are like a cart horse collectively.

The end.
I agree with most of what you say but most teams insist on a solid defence and ours does tend to lose concentration.

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

blockheed wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 05:35
Zook wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 00:45 An attacking positive team takes pressure from any defence, best form of defense is attack. We're too methodical and predictable in midfield and quite frankly we are like a cart horse collectively.

The end.
I agree with most of what you say but most teams insist on a solid defence and ours does tend to lose concentration.
👍