Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Contradiction in terms.

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Contradiction in terms.

Post by Zook »

Following on from my deleted post (god knows why, it was a relevant post) this typified my thoughts on how the running of this club it basically based toward the, in my opinion (moderator, and my opinion alone that does not reflect on this site in any way) sanctions potential talent leaving free to top flight clubs. this inevitably sacrifices future talent making their way into the first team squad. The academy are more or less are being let down in terms of the hierarchy sanctioning the cream of the crop to leave albeit eating none to little meat and costing the club potential millions... The two Jordan come to mind..... Read this.

The Black Cats look set to lose highly-rated teenager Logan Pye, 16, to Manchester United following long-standing interest in the player.

When asked about the situation ahead of Friday’s Championship meeting against Doncaster, Parkinson said: “That decision is obviously out of my hands but ideally the club want to keep their best young players but circumstances arrive which is taken away from our control.

“I'm not sure that deal has been done yet but I know there's a possibility that could happen."

Mr chairman, be ashamed, be very ashamed.

=======================

EDIT - Jools: Too much copy and paste.

** Posts get deleted ONLY when the rules are broken. In this case you actually broke the law - all that work belongs to another writer, I believe for the Sunderland Echo so I have gave a link below.

** You are allowed by law under the "fair use" guidelines to use a sentence or two for the benefit of opening up discussion. Wouldn't it be better to read the rules? They are there for a reason. Just grab one or two of the meaty sentences (not more than this) then give us a link to the article. It's just so, so easy.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/fo ... et-1373919

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: Contradiction in terms.

Post by Steve30000 »

Probably because you already have a thread on this already.

Plus you've copied and pasted too much in your post. I expect a mod to tell you off again

Jools
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Jools »

Steve30000 wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 17:33 Probably because you already have a thread on this already.

Plus you've copied and pasted too much in your post. I expect a mod to tell you off again
:lolboard:

I Love Sunderland
I Love SAFC
I Love Wearside
thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

Weren't we supposed to be getting a million quid for the lad?

What was that you said again?
Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

thingamajig wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 19:39 Weren't we supposed to be getting a million quid for the lad?
I've heard 50k..😐

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Jools wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 19:27
Steve30000 wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 17:33 Probably because you already have a thread on this already.

:lolboard:

Dear lord.... 🙄

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Sometimes there's other avenues to the story that might be interesting to some. Sometimes, as I work long hours i simply forget I have posted a simular thread (don't call the site police 👮) If I forget I've already posted a thread that's simular there's no need to point it out Steve as you are NOT a moderator. If you notice no one else does. Just concentrate on becoming an mp but don't use my posts to do it pointing out silly things that matter not. Quick, check newsnow incase someone beats you to a new story..... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Hope I didn't upset you mentioning work. 😱

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Zook lad, you need to calm down and stop trying to be personal.

At no point did I say I was a mod, I merely pointed out that a mod was going to tell you off, and I also at no point grassed you up, as you are clearly trying to imply that I did.

As for the duplicate threads, I'm on many other forums and the recurring theme is mods merging threads because they're the same or very similar.. There's no race to be be the first to post a thread, I never said there was, again stop taking it personal.

Whats with the silly insult at the end? Accusing me of not having a job?

Wrong.

Can't believe I've had to respond to that.. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets closed now.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Haway zook this is a thread about Logan Pye.

Zook
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Zook »

Nockya wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 15:04 Haway zook this is a thread about Logan Pye.
I know. Sorry bud.