Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

These new emergency laws that have been/waiting to be passed regarding coronavirus

The Sunderland Forum deals with all local issues in the chat rooms above. However, this is the General Off Topic Forum. So, this area is for all non-local-issues, for example, national news or any other interests etc.
Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

These new emergency laws that have been/waiting to be passed regarding coronavirus

Post by Steve30000 »

Will they be abolished or removed when this is all over with, or are they going to brush it under the carpet and keep them?

It seems convenient to use them at this time because of this new disease, but surely there will be a point where our bodies will get used to it, and there'd be no need for these laws to exist?

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: These new emergency laws that have been/waiting to be passed regarding coronavirus

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Steve30000 wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 08:49 surely there will be a point where our bodies will get used to it
Ah, coming on board with the herd immunity, about time ;)
Steve30000 wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 08:49 Will they be abolished or removed when this is all over with, or are they going to brush it under the carpet and keep them?
We will have to wait and see but don't expect them to concede ground when they have imposed so much on us in one go.
From what I gather there is hardly any laws involved with coronavirus in the UK anyway.
The proof is that most of those who were originally charged have had their charges and convictions overturned.
This does not include those who have abused the police on the way and other crimes linked to but not wholly in connection with coronavirus.

They are all just a set of "rules" that Boris and company want us to comply with - for each one to become the law is a long complicated process.
They even tell you this but usually whisper the word "law" somewhere in order for us to think it's the law.
Because they are not the law then they can't possibly exist once the lockdown is over.

But then again, I have not followed Boris and his rules and have no intention to.
I have my own rules and don't need his to keep me or people around me safe.
In fact, ask anyone what the rules are today and nobody has a clue.
If he wanted a set of rules then they should be simple and easy to follow.

Jenky
Local MP
Local MP

Re: These new emergency laws that have been/waiting to be passed regarding coronavirus

Post by Jenky »

They should be lifted but that will not happen for a long time.
At least one good thing is we now have experience and should be able to act a lot quicker if a similar thing happens in the future.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

If people are ignoring them now just imagine when the coronavirus is gone.
All those stupid rules will be gone as well.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Nockya wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 23:00 If people are ignoring them now just imagine when the coronavirus is gone.
All those stupid rules will be gone as well.
Ah, but some people say that the government are trying to control us so these laws are being put into place under the guise of this disease.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Steve30000 wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 06:59
Ah, but some people say that the government are trying to control us so these laws are being put into place under the guise of this disease.
I sort of believe that but what effect has it had so far?
I think the governments are realising that people are not going to comply with their every wish and will rebel.
Anyone else think part of it was to get everyone to go contactless and get rid of money so they have tight control of that?

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Steve30000 wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 06:59
It's all about control and seeing how far they can push us, I don't trust anyone let alone the fat controllers.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Nockya wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 12:09
Anyone else think part of it was to get everyone to go contactless and get rid of money so they have tight control of that?
Good one and do you know what, this wouldn't surprise me one bit :red_yes:

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Sunderland Nut wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 13:29
Good one and do you know what, this wouldn't surprise me one bit :red_yes:
:shock:
Imagine if they had full control over what you do with your money :o

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

Nockya wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 14:11
Imagine if they had full control over what you do with your money :o
They do have control over money.

What was that you said again?