Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Good luck Sheffield Wednesday

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Good luck Sheffield Wednesday

Post by Nockya »

May I say thanks to the Sheffield Wednesday fans and the players for providing Sunderland with a great end of season semi-final playoff!
Both legs gave League One a combined record crowd of over 75,000.
Sunderland came out on top of those games but there's still that game against Wycombe Wanderers at Wembley on the 21st of this month.

There are some massive clubs in League One and last night's game against Sheffield Wednesday shows that they can play as well because both teams raised their game a lot for these games.
There will be a new generation of supporters who experienced those games and it will be with them forever.
The games at the Stadium of Light and Hillsborough have shown the world that there are clubs in the Premier League and the Championship that can't ever replicate our famous old clubs.

Whether SAFC playS Sheffield Wednesday again next season or not, remains to be seen.
If we part company, then let me wish the Wednesday fans all the best.

Here is a youtube video from thogden who is a Sheff Wed fan and it shows their supporters are just as passionate as anyone else:

Gambling Man
Local MP
Local MP

Re: Good luck Sheffield Wednesday

Post by Gambling Man »

What on earth are Sunderland, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton doing down in this league anyway?

Great atmosphere at both stadiums.
Obviously I hope Sunderland win that Micky Mouse club on the 21st, I don't even want to mention the team even if I could spell it!
Good luck Sheffield Wednesday, if SAFC doesn't go up then hopefully both the Black Cats and the Owls can go up automatically next season, your fans did you proud last night.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Canny video from those supporters, I wish them well.

Spider
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by Spider »

Thanks Sheffield Wednesday for providing two entertaining games that we will be remembered for a long time to come. Sunderland is not promoted yet but hopefully, we will do it but I wish you lot all the luck in the world for next season.

Bluebird
Local Councillor
Local Councillor

Post by Bluebird »

Good luck to you lot and goodbye to this damn league and the equally bad referees.

Crawford
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by Crawford »

Good luck you lot and I really mean that because you don't deserve to be in League One.
I know Sunderland is not home and dry, er, there is a big game left, but whatever happens, I hope we both get out of this damn league.