Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Orange windscreens - is this a new fad?

The Sunderland Forum deals with all local issues in the chat rooms above. However, this is the General Off Topic Forum. So, this area is for all non-local-issues, for example, national news or any other interests etc.
cam
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: Orange windscreens - is this a new fad?

Post by cam »

Steve30000 wrote: 14 May 2022, 12:13
cam wrote: 14 May 2022, 11:48 I saw a car with an orange windscreen the other day and it looked impressive.
Bet you couldn't see the driver on their phone.
It was weird but if they are legal then I can see a few doing it but I doubt if it is legal.

I might have the day off today!
Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Surely the sellers are responsible.

CheyanneMccarthy
Wearside Resident
Wearside Resident

Post by CheyanneMccarthy »

Hey there! I just stumbled upon this thread and noticed the discussion about those orange windscreens. Just wanted to let you know that those are actually [car window shades] that have been getting pretty popular lately. They're great for blocking out the sun and keeping your car cooler. As for whether they're legal or not, it depends on where you live. Some places allow them as long as they don't obstruct your view while driving, while others might not allow them at all. So, it's always best to check your local laws before getting one. Sorry if I sound too like a newbie. I'm actually a newbie here..

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

CheyanneMccarthy wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 04:54 Hey there! I just stumbled upon this thread and noticed the discussion about those orange windscreens. Just wanted to let you know that those are actually [car window shades] that have been getting pretty popular lately. They're great for blocking out the sun and keeping your car cooler. As for whether they're legal or not, it depends on where you live. Some places allow them as long as they don't obstruct your view while driving, while others might not allow them at all. So, it's always best to check your local laws before getting one. Sorry if I sound too like a newbie. I'm actually a newbie here..
Even handy for being on a mobile while driving, as you can't see the driver. Don't know how this is legal tbh

Jenky
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Jenky »

Steve30000 wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 19:03
Even handy for being on a mobile while driving, as you can't see the driver. Don't know how this is legal tbh
All illegal because I know someone who was ordered to fix it.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Jenky wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 10:26
Steve30000 wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 19:03
So the police are finally realising that it's illegal? I'm certain there's already a law in place regarding the strength of tint allowed on the front windows and windscreen.

Jenky
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Jenky »

Steve30000 wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 12:52
Jenky wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 10:26

So the police are finally realising that it's illegal? I'm certain there's already a law in place regarding the strength of tint allowed on the front windows and windscreen.
There is and they have a small gizmo to check it there and then.