Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Shaping Sunderland - Seaburn

The Sunderland Forum is all about local issues. The City of Sunderland includes Washington, Houghton and Hetton. However, we allow news, views and gossip from all areas surrounding Wearside.
Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: Shaping Sunderland - Seaburn

Post by Sunderland Nut »

I hope the seafront gets really busy in the summer if just to upset those who live in SR6 :lol:

cam
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by cam »

Sunderland Nut wrote:I hope the seafront gets really busy in the summer if just to upset those who live in SR6 :lol:
Hey, don't upset the upwardly mobile higher ups in Sunderland please.
Upset the High Barnes people instead :lol:

I might have the day off today!
Bystander
Candidate
Candidate

Post by Bystander »

They must be predicting more pedestrian traffic down Seaburn because there is not a 20mph limit along where the Seaburn Hotel is. We have lived through the dark ages with it always being 30mph and now with safer cars and better education they seem to think it will reduce accidents. I just observed this the other day when I went to the Sunderland illuminations.

Mackem Lass
Sunderland Supporter
Sunderland Supporter

Post by Mackem Lass »

Its been 20mph down on that bit of road in Seaburn for a while. I got caught out by the bugger :lol:

Gibsy
Local Councillor
Local Councillor

Post by Gibsy »

Mrs SAFC wrote:Its been 20mph down on that bit of road in Seaburn for a while. I got caught out by the bugger :lol:
You little tinker :lol:

Crawford
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by Crawford »

With the thought that what goes up quick will come down quick I think that Sunderland council should take it easy and have a good long look at what is needed down the seafront. I think that a fairground is needed though - in what form? Well that depends on the other attractions down there that's why they need to tread with caution.

thingamajig
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by thingamajig »

Crawford wrote:With the thought that what goes up quick will come down quick I think that Sunderland council should take it easy and have a good long look at what is needed down the seafront. I think that a fairground is needed though - in what form? Well that depends on the other attractions down there that's why they need to tread with caution.
Oh I don't know but if you build the stuff the public will come. You only have to look at the Sunderland Illuminations this year. The council put them up and the people came in the thousands and it will be like that until they finish.

What was that you said again?
Stuartsippy
Wearside Resident
Wearside Resident

Post by Stuartsippy »

Drove to illuminations tonight went in from Whitburn way drove to morrisons and parked up after my visit I left the same way but I noticed car in mirror was going really slow was I in 20 mph or 30mph zone

Jenky
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Jenky »

Stuartsippy wrote:Drove to illuminations tonight went in from Whitburn way drove to morrisons and parked up after my visit I left the same way but I noticed car in mirror was going really slow was I in 20 mph or 30mph zone
No mate, the 20mph limit is from the roundabout at Seaburn Hotel to Morrison's. The road to Whitburn from Morrison's is 30mph still.

blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by blockheed »

Mrs SAFC wrote:Its been 20mph down on that bit of road in Seaburn for a while. I got caught out by the bugger :lol:
:oops:

Actually I never noticed the speed limits in Seaburn either. Are they compulsory :lol: