If you enjoy a debate - join the Sunderland Forum
Wearside Online - Serving God's Country for decades!

Soon, your insurance premiums will not be allowed to creep up every year if your circumstances don't change

The Sunderland Forum deals with all local issues in the chat rooms above. However, this is the General Off Topic Forum. So, this area is for all non-local issues. For example, national news or any other interests etc.

Moderator: Jackal

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Soon, your insurance premiums will not be allowed to creep up every year if your circumstances don't change

Post by Steve30000 »

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... rs-at-ren/

About time.. Pure greed.

Car and home insurance customers should pay no more when renewing their policy than they would if they were taking out a new one with the same firm, under radical new proposals from the financial regulator.

Currently insurers often gradually renew the renewal price for existing customers over time, known as "price-walking". This is why the best prices are usually for new customers and you should NEVER auto-renew.

Trish
Local MP
Local MP

Re: Soon, your insurance premiums will not be allowed to creep up every year if your circumstances don't change

Post by Trish »

Excellent news and about time :cheers:

My kids are like little Black Cats
:mrgreen:

Nockya
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Soon, your insurance premiums will not be allowed to creep up every year if your circumstances don't change

Post by Nockya »

Only right and better late than never.
Just remember that a few weeks before your insurance is up they should send a reminder and this is the time you need to look around for different quotes.
Never leave it until the last minute or you might find you will pay more!

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City
Top poster of the Month

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Nockya wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 13:45
Never leave it until the last minute or you might find you will pay more!
Too true, they will exploit the situation.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Trish wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 09:59 Excellent news and about time :cheers:
Agree. It's completely wrong that they've been allowed to do this for as long as they have.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City
Top poster of the Month

Post by Sunderland Nut »

My insurance company wrote and told me they will not be renewing my insurance so I had to look around anyway.