Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

At what point do we accept a certain death total from covid

The Sunderland Forum deals with all local issues in the chat rooms above. However, this is the General Off Topic Forum. So, this area is for all non-local-issues, for example, national news or any other interests etc.
cam
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: At what point do we accept a certain death total from covid

Post by cam »

Nockya wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 19:02
I don't want to catch coronavirus
Me neither. I'm not frightened of it but it's what the long term effects might be of "long COVID".

I might have the day off today!
Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

cam wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 03:55
Me neither. I'm not frightened of it but it's what the long term effects might be of "long COVID".
Damaged lungs I'd suspect.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

cam wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 03:55
The long term effects of COVID-19 could be lung damage similar to what you might get from pneumonia but also things like aches and pains and lethargy etc.
If you are healthy though it's not clear if you are asymptomatic that you automatically get no long term effects, I suspect not and you just brush the virus away.
If you do get coronavirus bad though you just might get some long term problems but I think this is more scare tactics again.
It's like when you read the side effects of paracetamol etc, they have to say what "might" happen so "some" people.

Just take precautions and that's it, if you catch it, you catch it.
Don't let people scare you, this strain of coronavirus is highly contagious but that's all it is - a strain of coronavirus to which the common cold and flu are members of the same family.
The long-term effects of any illness could also be bad but we don't worry about those.