Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Waste Motor Oil Disposal in Sunderland?

The Sunderland Forum is all about local issues. The City of Sunderland includes Washington, Houghton and Hetton. However, we allow news, views and gossip from all areas surrounding Wearside.
wongeye
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Waste Motor Oil Disposal in Sunderland?

Post by wongeye »

As the title says really, where can I dispose of old motor engine oil in Sunderland? I changed my own oil and filter and now I have this problem but I want to be responsible and dispose of it properly.

I now know that I can take paint to the recycling centre but I had a look and couldn't see a place for old engine oil. Anyway, the jobs is a good one and now I need to act on this minging mess!

Crawford
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Waste Motor Oil Disposal in Sunderland?

Post by Crawford »

I would say that the council have some means to dispose of old engine oil.
If you find out let us all know because I fancy doing my own servicing, that takes me back a bit.

Bluebird
Local Councillor
Local Councillor

Post by Bluebird »

Well? Does anyone have a real clue? I am going to do my car later and it would be nice to know if the council will help dispose of it free of charge. After all, we know we can't pour it down the drain and they don't want that.

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Crawford wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 09:36 I fancy doing my own servicing, that takes me back a bit.
Telling me!
I used to do it all myself but for the last 20 years or so, I let others do it for a little more money, I am happy with that.
After all, they sort the waste out and my itemised bill shows the actual waste oil disposal costs!