Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

What's that noise about?

The Sunderland Forum is all about local issues. The City of Sunderland includes Washington, Houghton and Hetton. However, we allow news, views and gossip from all areas surrounding Wearside.
Mawsey
Local MP
Local MP

What's that noise about?

Post by Mawsey »

Does anyone know what the noise is around Sunderland? You can hear it in Southwick, Pallion, Wheatsheaf etc. It sounds like what you'd expect at a distance from a warzone.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: What's that noise about?

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Mawsey wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 10:17 Does anyone know what the noise is around Sunderland? You can hear it in Southwick, Pallion, Wheatsheaf etc. It sounds like what you'd expect at a distance from a warzone.
Better go to spex savers.

Mawsey
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Mawsey »

It's real!

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Mawsey wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 10:17 Does anyone know what the noise is around Sunderland? You can hear it in Southwick, Pallion, Wheatsheaf etc. It sounds like what you'd expect at a distance from a warzone.
People were mentioning this before. Someone thought it was a chemical plant in Washington

Mawsey
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Mawsey »

Steve30000 wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 12:21
People were mentioning this before. Someone thought it was a chemical plant in Washington
Well, it sounds like what you hear on the TV when bombs drop. I've not heard an exploding bomb, but you can hear this and feel it at the same time. I noticed it a week ago and Friday was really bad and continuous.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Mawsey wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 13:22
Steve30000 wrote: 31 Jul 2023, 12:21

Well, it sounds like what you hear on the TV when bombs drop. I've not heard an exploding bomb, but you can hear this and feel it at the same time. I noticed it a week ago and Friday was really bad and continuous.
A mystery to me, but I don't normally go out until late.