Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Video emerges of Tory's partying during covid lockdown

The Sunderland Forum deals with all local issues in the chat rooms above. However, this is the General Off Topic Forum. So, this area is for all non-local-issues, for example, national news or any other interests etc.
Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Video emerges of Tory's partying during covid lockdown

Post by Steve30000 »

Absolutely shocking.

This should automatically trigger a general election imo.

Boris lied about it, they kept it a secret.

The media must have also had an idea of what was going on as well, they should have reported it way sooner.
This incident should be seen as gross misconduct, government corruption in hiding this, lying about it, breaking the laws put in place and incompetence.

Thousands of families couldn't go to funerals, see their loved ones in hospital, weren't allowed into care homes...

And they're breaking laws they put in place in a "us and them" situation. Absolutely disgusting

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: Video emerges of Tory's partying during covid lockdown

Post by Sunderland Nut »

As a delivery driver of many years, let me say I know where many parties were going on - more than you'd ever imagine.
Not one of the convictions for the silly Covid era was legal.
I ignored all the rules and will do it again if necessary.
They were only rules, not laws.
It really is about time that Covid was put to bed and stopped digging up "dirt" on people who were only enjoying life.

What we should not forget is that the Labour Party lot broke many of the rules.
Let's draw a line under a virus that mainly killed old people.
I will repeat the facts - the average age of death of a "normal" person is 82 and a half, while the average age of death of someone with Covid was 83 and a half.

Get the Labour lot in but when your taxes rocket, don't complain.
Me, I'm alright Jack, I don't really get involved in politics because they are all in it for themselves.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Sunderland Nut wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 14:36 As a delivery driver of many years, let me say I know where many parties were going on - more than you'd ever imagine.
Not one of the convictions for the silly Covid era was legal.
I ignored all the rules and will do it again if necessary.
They were only rules, not laws.
It really is about time that Covid was put to bed and stopped digging up "dirt" on people who were only enjoying life.

What we should not forget is that the Labour Party lot broke many of the rules.
Let's draw a line under a virus that mainly killed old people.
I will repeat the facts - the average age of death of a "normal" person is 82 and a half, while the average age of death of someone with Covid was 83 and a half.

Get the Labour lot in but when your taxes rocket, don't complain.
Me, I'm alright Jack, I don't really get involved in politics because they are all in it for themselves.
I never said who I'd vote for, they're as bad as each other. And a prime minister who lies to parliament and the public they serve should be a sackable offence.

And those rules were put in place for a public health emergency. They're supposed to set an example, not ignore them because only old people were dying anyway 🙄

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

I hate the political side of things but I know Labour spends money we haven't got only for the Tories to clear the debt later.

Trish
Mayor
Mayor

Post by Trish »

Sunderland Nut wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 02:42 I hate the political side of things but I know Labour spends money we haven't got only for the Tories to clear the debt later.
Tell you what, no matter who is in they will make sure we just scrape by!

Nockya
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Nockya »

Trish wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 16:18
Sunderland Nut wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 02:42 I hate the political side of things but I know Labour spends money we haven't got only for the Tories to clear the debt later.
Of course, they need to give money to you in one hand and take it from you out of the other hand, that's always been the case.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Nockya wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 11:47
Trish wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 16:18

Of course, they need to give money to you in one hand and take it from you out of the other hand, that's always been the case.
But there's a difference between taxation and corruption.

I don't mind paying tax if we get the services that we want, but if we're getting taxed to bits and we're not receiving the services we paid for, that's where people aren't happy and kick off.

When you see the money this lot are wasting and things are getting worse, it's clearly being spent on the wrong things an the wrong people

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Steve30000 wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 07:33
When you see the money this lot are wasting and things are getting worse, it's clearly being spent on the wrong things an the wrong people
It's Labour that squanders the money and the Tories have to come back in to tighten the purse strings.
That has happened every time there is a swing from one lot to the other.
OK, so the Tories are wasting a bit, but unless you have a long memory, the other lot wastes a million times more.
I'm done with the lot now but really, Labour will spend us into debt, then the Tories will have to clean up the mess.

You would think that spending is not going to harm us, wrong, it cripples the economy.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Sunderland Nut wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 12:30
Steve30000 wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 07:33
It's Labour that squanders the money and the Tories have to come back in to tighten the purse strings.
That has happened every time there is a swing from one lot to the other.
OK, so the Tories are wasting a bit, but unless you have a long memory, the other lot wastes a million times more.
I'm done with the lot now but really, Labour will spend us into debt, then the Tories will have to clean up the mess.

You would think that spending is not going to harm us, wrong, it cripples the economy.
There's a difference between spending it properly and wasting it, this lot are spending it on their mates and deliberately underfunding the NHS so they can privatise it. Plus loads of other stuff, they're incompetent and untrustworthy.
And I wouldn't vote for labour either anyway, so the point about them spending too much is irrelevant to me

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Steve30000 wrote: 24 Jun 2023, 19:50
There's a difference between spending it properly and wasting it, this lot are spending it on their mates and deliberately underfunding the NHS so they can privatise it. Plus loads of other stuff, they're incompetent and untrustworthy.
And I wouldn't vote for labour either anyway, so the point about them spending too much is irrelevant to me
It must be canny hard for them all in reality to get it all right but I think we should be getting value for money.
How do we get the money shared around everything that needs it in the right proportion?
That would be a headache but maybe we should have every penny accounted for and anything that goes astray should be "clawed back" in some way.
It's too big a topic really.